The California EDD will permit employers to request a 60-day extension from the EDD to file their payroll reports and/or to deposit payroll taxes, without penalty or interest. A written request for extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. Visit the Emergency and Disaster Assistance for Employers page for more information.
• Employers in Riverside County directly affected by the Cranston fire
• Employers in Shasta County directly affected by the Carr fire
• Employers in Mariposa County directly affected by the Ferguson fire
• Employers in Lake and Mendocino Counties directly affected by the Ranch and River fire
• Employers in Napa County directly affected by the Steele fire
• Employers in San Bernardino County directly affected by the monsoonal rainstorm
This extension may be granted under Section 1111.5 of the California Unemployment Insurance Code (CUIC).
Thank you for choosing Paylocity as your Payroll Tax partner. Should you have any questions please contact your Paylocity Account Manager.
This information is provided as a courtesy, may change and is not intended as legal or tax guidance. Employers with questions or concerns outside the scope of a Payroll Service Provider are encouraged to seek the advice of a qualified CPA, Tax Attorney or Advisor.