Regulatory Roundup June 2021July 07, 2021
June’s alerts covered the ACA, EEO-1 Filing, retirement savings, and our mid-year reviews to help you prep for upcoming tax and HCM changes.
With summer vacation in full swing for most families, the country saw a similarly small slate of legislative changes this June. Below we summarize these alerts and shine some light on other resources you can use to quickly see the upcoming tax and Human Capital Management (HCM) legislative changes taking effect in the second half of 2021.
On June 17 the United States Supreme Court dismissed a case challenging the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and did not address the core challenge itself. The case was dismissed on the grounds the plaintiff did not have sufficient grounds to bring the suit in the first place.
Employers eligible for the California Secure Choice Program (CalSavers) must register with the program by a certain date based on the number of employees within the organization. CalSavers is a retirement savings program for California-based employers who don’t currently offer retirement savings plans. Accounts are owned by the individual participant and can move with the participant from job to job.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has extended the 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 filing deadlines to August 23, 2021. All private-sector employers with 100 or more employees and federal contractors or subcontractors with 50 or more employees, or $50,000 or more in federal contracts, must file their EEO-1 report by this deadline.
To help you prepare for announced legislative changes to tax and HCM laws, we have put together two reviews that highlight the updates, when they go into effect, and any supporting content available in our Knowledge Base. Together the Tax Mid-Year Review and HCM Mid-Year Review cover everything from state minimum wage updates to the Virginia Overtime Wage Act.
Get more details on the compliance and tax updates from June here:
- US Supreme Court Dismisses Challenge to the Affordable Care Act
- CalSavers Registration Deadline for Employers with 50 or more Employees
- EEOC Extends EEO-1 2019 and 2020 Filing Deadline
Visit our Return to Work page to browse our resources to help you engage, rehire, and recruit in this new environment. You can also check out our Legislative Updates Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) for a comprehensive summary of legislative changes and how Paylocity has responded with updates to our product to help you stay compliant. For the latest information and resources related to the coronavirus, check our COVID-19 Resources page often.
Be sure to bookmark our resource library and come back monthly for Regulatory Roundups of tax and compliance alerts you need to know. For any other frequently asked questions or general assistance, refer to our Administrator Support page for support contact information, quick how-to guides or training courses, important PEAK articles, and more. Don't forget to also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for urgent updates.
This information is provided as a courtesy, may change, and is not intended as legal or tax guidance. Employers with questions or concerns outside the scope of a Payroll Service Provider are encouraged to seek the advice of a qualified CPA, Tax Attorney, or Advisor.
- Benefits Administration
- Benefits Administration
- Human Resources
- Time & Attendance
- Generational Financial Stress: The Secret Stressors Causing Higher Turnover and Headaches for All Employers
- 5 Steps to Level Up Your Performance Management During Review Season
- Delivering a World-Class Open Enrollment Experience
- Engagement 2.0 and Beyond
- A New Standard of Work: Must-Haves for the Employee Experience
- Year End Survival Guide: 10 Tips to Help You Thrive
- Checklist: What to Know Before Buying HR and Payroll Solutions
- Navigating the Buying Process for HR and Payroll Solutions
- Employee Engagement: The Non-Negotiable Priority for Success
- The New Future of the Workplace: 3 Must-Learn Lessons from the Pandemic