Championing Gender EquityOctober 28, 2021
Featuring Dawn Kelley, Human Resources Manager at City of Modesto, TEDx Speaker.
Remember when race or ethnicity was classified with broad identifiers? Look how far we have come with the adoption of more accurate descriptive words since then. How about gender? Are we moving forward here?
In this episode of PCTY Talks, Dawn Kelley and host Shari Simpson discuss:
- Understand the term “nonbinary.”
- Understand how gender expression is not a threat to traditional roles or personal standing.
- Hear how HR can impact the success of nonbinary employees.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) > Ensuring Workplace Inclusion for LGBTQ Employees
- Harvard Business Review (HBR) > Creating a Trans-Inclusive Workplace
- Open to All > Open to All® is a nonprofit nondiscrimination campaign that believes everyone should be welcome regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, immigration status, religion, or disability.
Dawn Kelley serves as the Human Resources Manager for the City of Modesto. She has 25+ years of experience and has the privilege of serving as an employee advocate by providing a high level of expertise to the organization in the areas of FMLA, HIPAA, Employment Law, Benefits Administration, Salary Compensation/ Strategy, and California specific regulatory requirements.