Developing Emotional Intelligence in HR Teams with Bethany AdamsDecember 08, 2022
Review the basics of EI and share some tips for improving your skills.
Subscribe to PCTY Talks: HR, People and Culture:
It's no secret that emotional intelligence (EI) is a key ingredient to success. After all, how can you lead and inspire others if you can't relate to them emotionally? Join Bethany Adams and host Shari Simpson as they discuss what exactly emotional intelligence is and how you can develop it in yourself and your team.
Bethany Adams has more than 15 years of experience in HR and education. She began her career working in training and development and HR in the restaurant and retail industries. She has experience in both small, privately-owned businesses and large, Fortune 500 organizations. Bethany holds a BA in Psychology, MA in Organizational Management, and the SHRM-SCP certification. She currently teaches at Villanova University and serves as the Associate Director of Marketing & Strategy for the Villanova Graduate Programs in Human Resource Development. Bethany has spoken at a wide variety of HR & education conferences throughout the country on topics including strategic HR, design thinking, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and emotional intelligence. Bethany hosts an HR podcast called HR Tea.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Book: No Hard Feelings
- Book: Atlas of the Heart
- Brene Brown Podcast
- Linkedin:Bethany Adams
Bethany J. Adams
Capture Your Employees' Voices
Your employees want to be a part of creating your company's culture. Make sure they're heard through engaging surveys. Using our questionnaire tool, you can gather invaluable feedback from your entire workforce - remote, hybrid, in-office, contractors, and more. Get the insights you need to make improvements, anticipate any problems, drive strategic decisions, and keep your employees engaged.Engage with Surveys
- 2024 Health Savings Account (HSA) and Excepted Benefit HRA Limits
- Florida Will Require Most Employers to Use E-Verify
- Maryland Paid Family and Medical Leave
- The End of the COVID-19 National Emergency: Impact on COBRA and Benefit Plans Deadlines
- IRS Updates Medical Expense FAQ related to Nutrition, Wellness, and General Health
- Kentucky Derby Museum Scales Up for the Racing Season with Paylocity
- Law Firm Supports Sustainable Growth by Automating HR and Payroll
- Ensuring Educational Excellence by Offering Teachers a Helping Hand
- Manufacturer Transforms HR into a Strategic Function with Paylocity
- Automotive Manufacturer Fuels Product Innovation with Streamlined HR