The Ever-Evolving Role of the CHRO with Jim LinkDecember 16, 2022
The CHRO has always been important in companies’ leadership teams, but the role is constantly evolving.
Subscribe to PCTY Talks: HR, People and Culture:
As businesses continue to grow and evolve, so too does the role of the CHRO. No longer is this executive responsible for just human resources; they are now a strategic partner in creating and implementing company-wide initiatives. Join Jim Link and host Shari Simpson as they discuss how the CHRO needs to be more than just an HR expert - they need to be a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to the CEO.
Jim Link is the Chief Human Resources Officer for the Society for Human Resource Management. With more than 315,000 members worldwide, SHRM is the largest HR professional association in the world and the leading voice for matters related to workers and the workplace.
Jim’s career includes roles of increasing responsibility across various industries and companies, including General Electric, the Pillsbury Company, Porsche Cars, and Randstad. In his recent role as CHRO for Randstad North America, he led a global team of 150 HR professionals who were instrumental in transforming the company into an award-winning, inclusive, and sustainable global leader.
Jim has served as a volunteer leader in several organizations, including the SHRM Foundation Board, the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank Human Capital Advisory Board, and the Human Resources Leadership Forum. Jim holds undergraduate and master’s degrees from Murray State University. Born and raised on a working family farm in western Kentucky, he resides in Atlanta and Alexandria, VA. Jim is an adjunct instructor in the Executive MBA program at the University of Poznan (Poland) School of Economics and Business and the University of Liège (Belgium) Asia-Pacific campus in Taipei, Taiwan.
Real data. Real results. Get actionable insights to help improve employee engagement with the Employee Experience.Get HR Insights
Help your employees unlock their true potential with modern performance management tools.Develop Talent
- 2024 Health Savings Account (HSA) and Excepted Benefit HRA Limits
- Florida Will Require Most Employers to Use E-Verify
- Maryland Paid Family and Medical Leave
- The End of the COVID-19 National Emergency: Impact on COBRA and Benefit Plans Deadlines
- IRS Updates Medical Expense FAQ related to Nutrition, Wellness, and General Health
- Kentucky Derby Museum Scales Up for the Racing Season with Paylocity
- Law Firm Supports Sustainable Growth by Automating HR and Payroll
- Ensuring Educational Excellence by Offering Teachers a Helping Hand
- Manufacturer Transforms HR into a Strategic Function with Paylocity
- Automotive Manufacturer Fuels Product Innovation with Streamlined HR