Understanding and Addressing Pay Compression with Lizzy BoresFebruary 09, 2023
Pay compression is a real issue for many businesses, but it doesn't need to stay that way.
When differences in pay between senior and entry-level positions shrink, it jeopardizes efforts to attract and retain talented employees. To avoid this unfortunate situation, employers should take proactive steps to review salary practices and conduct periodic compensation surveys. Furthermore, they should consider creative ways to provide rewards that don't rely on pay increases – such as giving more vacation time, recognizing achievements with public acknowledgment, or offering flexible hours. Join host Shari Simpson and Lizzy Bores as they discuss how to address and further prevent pay compression in your organization.
Lizzy has 14 years of extensive HR experience in numerous roles and industries, which included a focus on compensation, talent acquisition, and learning and development. She joined Paylocity in 2018 and currently provides strategic support to our Technical Services organization through a partnership with its leadership teams. She also creates and refines various initiatives to align with the future needs of the Operations organization and to drive a positive employee experience.
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling