Last updated: December 20, 2019, effective January 1, 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
When you access or use the Services, we will collect your Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household. Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, billing and shipping address, phone number, and IP address. We collect this information for the purposes providing and promoting our Services. This includes, for example, responding to your questions or comments, administering a contest or other promotional feature, fulfilling your purchase requests and notifying you about your order, and providing you with information about important changes to Services, new functionality, and offers we think you would find valuable.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and interaction with our online Services. We collect this information for the purposes of understanding how you interact with our websites and online services.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We collect this information to track your transactions, maintain records, and to customize our Service to you.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision, such as your behaviors and preferences. We collect this information in order to refine and enhance our service offerings.
We may collect your Personal Information through your direct interactions with us, such as if you email a question or comment or submit a customer review. We may also collect your Personal Information through our use of tracking technologies (such as cookies and web beacons).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances, including the following:
- With service providers – We may share your Personal Information with companies or individuals that we contract with in order to receive services. These services may include, among other things, providing products or services to you on our behalf, creating or maintaining our databases, researching and analyzing the people who request information from us, preparing and distributing communications, or responding to inquiries. We do not allow our service providers to use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose other than for providing services to us.
- With affiliates – We may share your Personal Information with companies that we own or control, that are owned or controlled by us, or that are under common ownership or control.
- With business partners – We may share your Personal Information with other companies that provide products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
- On blogs, online postings, and testimonials – In certain circumstances, you may have the ability to share comments, testimonials, and other postings in public forums. If you choose to participate in these public forums, your Personal information may be available to the general public.
- In a business transition – In the event that Paylocity, or any portion of our assets, are acquired by, merged with, transferred to, or invested in by another company, we may share your Personal Information with that company or other third parties involved in the business transition.
- To protect our rights – We reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Paylocity, or another person.
- As required by law or in response to a legal process – We may disclose information about you to law enforcement or in response to a legal process if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, including for national security or law enforcement requirements. This also includes sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
You may be able to limit or opt out of the disclosure of Personal Information in some circumstances. For more information, see the YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES section below.
- Strictly necessary – These cookies and other technologies are strictly necessary to enable you to use our website, for example accessing your Account and providing you the website you have requested.
- Preferences – These cookies and other technologies allow us to remember the choices you have made, for example your user name, language used, or country. They may be used for user preferences purposes.
- Third party analytics – These cookies and other technologies are placed by our third party partners for web analytics purposes. Examples of these cookies and other technologies include Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. You can opt out of Google Analytics by following the instructions provided at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Third party targeting and/or advertising – These cookies and other technologies are implemented by third party advertising networks with our consent and are used to deliver you more relevant ads. They may also remember the locations on the websites you have visited, limit the number of times an ad is displayed to you, and measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, promotions and e-newsletters. You can opt-out of Google Advertising by following the instructions provided at http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
You may set your Internet web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. If you prevent a cookie from being sent, you may limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our website, especially when purchasing an item on the website.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” or DNT signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section.
AGGREGATE & NON-IDENTIFIABLE DATA
We reserve the right to use aggregated, non-identifiable, and statistical data (“Aggregated Data”) that we can derive from the operation of the software or services we provide.
RETENTION & DISPOSAL
We retain Personal Information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, for legitimate business reasons, or as legally required. When we dispose of Personal Information, we aim to use secure means, such as either physically or electronically erasing the Personal Information or making it anonymous in a non-recoverable manner.
Our Services are not directed toward children under 18 years of age, and Paylocity does not knowingly collect any information from children under 18 years of age through our Services.
We implement security measures and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Personal Information we collect. To learn about our security controls, please visit our Security page at https://www.paylocity.com/why/security/
MARKETING OPT OUT
You have the following rights and choices with regard to the Personal Information we collect about you:
You always have the option to unsubscribe or opt-out of the marketing and promotional emails we send you. To do so, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of the marketing emails you received from us.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents are entitled to the following privacy rights listed below.
- The right to know.You have the right to request to know (i) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about you; (ii) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (iii) the categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected; (iv) the categories of your Personal Information that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your Personal Information. Generally:
- Within the preceding 12 months, Paylocity has collected the categories of Personal Information detailed in the PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT section above.
- Paylocity does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties who are not our service providers.
- Paylocity does not and will not sell your Personal Information.
- The right to deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected or maintain about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
- The right to equal service. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, Paylocity will not discriminate against you in anyway. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of Paylocity’s websites or services.
You may exercise your right to know and your right to deletion twice a year free of charge. To exercise your right to know or your right to deletion, contact us at 800-520-2687 or via email at [email protected].
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
PRIVACY SHIELD COMPLIANCE
Paylocity is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Paylocity commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your Personal Information through our independent recourse mechanism at http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Paylocity commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your Personal Information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Paylocity at [email protected].
Paylocity has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
It is possible, under certain conditions more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, for an individual to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
Our Services may provide hyperlinks that, when clicked, take you to a third-party website that we do not own or control. These hyperlinked third-party websites may collect and disclose your Personal Information in different ways than we do. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these websites, nor are we responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by third parties. We expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure. It is also possible that third parties’ websites or emails may link to our website.