Finding Success in HR with Steve BrowneSeptember 22, 2022
HR is the foundation of any organization, but do you know how to maximize your success?
HR is a critical component of any successful organization, sitting at the intersection of employees, leaders, and business and helping people reach their full potential. That’s why HR professionals can make a real difference in the lives of employees and the overall success of their businesses when they focus on talent. Listen in as Steve Browne and host Shari Simpson talk about the qualities of a good HR professional, what success looks like in HR, and the building blocks to get you there.
Steve has been an HR professional for 35+ years and has worked in the Hospitality, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, and Professional Services industries in various HR roles.
He was recently a member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Board of Directors and has held several other national, regional, state, and local SHRM volunteer leadership roles. He facilitates a monthly HR roundtable, and an HR internet forum called the HR Net, which reaches over 14,000+ people globally each week.
Steve is an accomplished speaker featured at local, regional, and national conferences, Chambers of Commerce, HR chapters, and businesses. He's very active on social media and has a nationally recognized HR blog, Everyday People. Additionally, Steve has authored two bestselling books on human resources: HR on Purpose and HR Rising.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Blog post: Dump Your Bucket
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling