Final 2021 ACA Form 1095- C and Instructions ReleasedDecember 21, 2021
For 2021, the Form 1095-C and Instructions have been modified to add new codes 1T and 1U for individual coverage HRAs (ICHRA) offered to the employee and spouse, but not dependents.
At A Glance
- The IRS published final 2021 Form 1095-C and 1095-C Instructions.
- Two new codes, 1T and 1U, for individual coverage HRAs have been added to the form and corresponding instructions.
- Information about the extension of the due date for furnishing statements to individuals has also been added to the instructions.
Form 1095-C and Instructions
Additionally, the instructions include information about the extension of the due date for furnishing statements to individuals has been added. The due date for furnishing Form 1095-C to individuals is extended from January 31, 2022 to March 2, 2022. The instructions also remove references to penalty relief for reporting incomplete or incorrect information if the filing entity made good faith efforts to comply.
Paylocity clients must finalize ACA form data by the end of business on January 5, 2022 to ensure all company administrators receive year-end forms timely.
Paylocity clients may also consider the following alternative options to allow extra time to finalize forms and avoid reprint fees:
- Go Paperless to avoid reprint fees of $75 per package plus delivery in case updates to original forms need to be made up until February 15, 2022
- Contact a Paylocity Representative for assistance to regenerate forms after making necessary
Thank you for choosing Paylocity as your Payroll Tax and HCM partner. This information is provided as a courtesy, may change, and is not intended as legal or tax guidance. Employers with questions or concerns outside the scope of a Payroll Service Provider are encouraged to seek the advice of a qualified CPA, Tax Attorney or Advisor.
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling
- That's a Wrap: Compliance Roundup with Corinne Tirone
- Managers' Impact on Employee Experience with Tracy Klein and Noreen MacMahon
- Experience-Based Onboarding Can Fast-Track Employee Integration with Andre Mayes
- Understanding and Addressing Pay Compression with Lizzy Bores
- Understanding Neurodiversity in the Workplace with Jenny Jeep Johnson