The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of information about them, as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of personal information. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. If you are a California resident and receive our Services solely as a private individual—in other words, not as a member or representative of a company or other organization—you are entitled to the privacy rights listed below.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request to know
- the specific pieces of personal information we have about you;
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
- the categories of sources from which that personal information was collected;
- the categories of your personal information that we sold or disclosed to a third party for a business purpose in the last 12 months;
- the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and
- the purpose for collecting and selling your personal information.
- Right to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information. In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we do not sell your personal information. Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of Personal Information with Service Providers, as described in this Notice.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected or maintained about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your personal information was collected. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, Paylocity will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of Paylocity’s websites or services.
To exercise your rights, please complete the form found here or contact us at [email protected] or 800-520-2687. Prior to processing your request to know or to deletion, we will attempt to verify your identity. We may do this by requesting additional information from you in order to verify your identity. We will inform you if we are unable to verify your identity, in which case we will not be able to complete your request.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your personal information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that you have authorized them to act on their behalf.