The California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of information about them, as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of personal information. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CPRA rights. If you are a California resident and receive our Services solely as a private individual – in other words, not as a member or representative of a company or other organization – you are entitled to the privacy rights listed below.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request to know
- the specific pieces of personal information we have about you;
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which that personal information was collected;
- the categories of your personal information that we sold or shared, or disclosed to a third party for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or shared (and the category(ies) of personal information sold or shared with each category of third parties), or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing your personal information.
- Right to Opt-out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. We do not sell or share your personal information. Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of personal information with Service Providers, as described in this Notice.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected or maintained about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need that personal information to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your personal information was collected. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
- Right to No Retaliation. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, Paylocity will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of Paylocity’s websites or services.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right, at any time, to direct us to limit the use of your sensitive personal information to what is necessary to perform the services reasonably expected by an average consumer, internal purposes, including to ensure the security and integrity of personal information, and as authorized by regulations.
- Right to Correction. You have right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
To exercise your rights, please complete the form found here or contact us at [email protected] or 800-520-2687. Prior to processing your request, we will attempt to verify your identity, taking into account the sensitivity of the personal information involved and the nature of the request. We may do this by requesting additional information from you. We will inform you if we are unable to verify your identity, in which case we will not be able to complete your request.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know, a request to delete, or a request to correct. Before we process your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document directly from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your personal information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that you have authorized them to act on your behalf.