What's New Blog | July 2021August 04, 2021
July 2021 Releases: Updates to Compensation, Data Insights, Premium Video, and More
The pandemic has elevated employee expectations and fueled the war for talent. With over 9 million unfilled positions in June (the highest on record since 2000), you need every advantage you can get to stand out. In July, we released new features to help you further automate tedious tasks so you can stay focused on attracting and retaining talent.
Data Insights: Break down turnover with new filters for better insight
To gain the insights you want, sometimes you need to filter out data you don’t. We've updated the Turnover Dashboard to allow you to exclude things like Turnover Rate Percent, Termination Reasons, Average Number of Active Employees, and more. Don't forget to visit the Modern Workforce Index for insights into employee sentiment and engagement, and recommendations that will help reduce turnover.
Compensation: Save time and budget more accurately
We understand the importance of flexibility when it comes to employee budgeting. That’s why we've updated the Compensation workspace to allow you to import eligible employees and their associated budget(s). For Bonus plans, this enables you to import target bonuses vs. using the target bonus per position. For merit plans, you can set the budget allotted per employee rather than setting a flat percent of salary.
Learning: Tap into training to help you thrive in a tight labor market
Over the past year, we’ve regularly released LMS courses on topics like FFCRA, CARES, and returning to work to help you navigate the ever-changing pandemic landscape. Now, with U.S. job openings reaching record highs, we want to ensure you have the tools to attract, engage, and retain talent. In LMS, refreshed “Attract, Engage, and Retain” courses are designed to help leaders and supervisors create a more diverse and inclusive company culture and hire and retain employees. These courses also include transcripts and closed captions.
Premium Video: Share your message faster with simplified recording
We continue to hear how important video is for communication, whether in person, remote, or hybrid. In fact, the number of videos created on the Paylocity platform as of June 2021 was nearly triple the total from December 2020. We’ve added additional functionality to Premium Video to help make videos even easier to record and more customizable. The One-Click Recorder allows users to easily launch a recorder from their chosen browser with a single click.
Recorder Background Effects is an option on the One-Click Recorder that lets users add frames to make their videos a little more fun and visually exciting. Users can choose a preloaded frame or upload their own.
Recording a video can be intimidating and difficult to do in a single take. The new Teleprompter feature allows you to paste in a script, choose the automatic scrolling speed, and simply read off the script as you record.
Community: Tap into more flexible group permissions
We continue to make Community simpler to use for employees and admins alike. The supervisor filter makes it simple to add employees to Community groups and now, admins can ensure everyone has the right level of access with permission to post or comment configurable on a group-by-group basis.
For Partners: Access insights more quickly
The Partner Portal now includes Dynamic Reporting, giving partner users access to additional reporting capabilities and template reports, including the frequently requested Benefit Census Report.
If you’re already a Paylocity client, you can visit the Product Training Catalog or PEAK for more details:
- Compensation: Budget Imports (PCTY-100972)
- Data Insights: Turnover Dashboard Filters (PCTY-30615)
- Learning: LMS Courses (PCTY-70902)
- Marketplace: Dynamic Reporting in Partner Portal (PCTY-93917)
- Premium Video: One Click Recorder (PCTY-103247), Recorder Effects (PCTY-100939)
- Community: Group Permissions (PCTY-78075)
- Human Resources
- Time & Attendance
- Benefits Administration
- Checklist: What to Know Before Buying HR and Payroll Solutions
- Navigating the Buying Process for HR and Payroll Solutions
- Employee Engagement: The Non-Negotiable Priority for Success
- The New Future of the Workplace: 3 Must-Learn Lessons from the Pandemic
- Post-Pandemic Survival Checklist: The New World of Employee Experience
- Restaurant Equipment Manufacturer Saves More Than 2,000 Hours By Modernizing HR and Payroll With Paylocity
- Green Lawn Fertilizing/Green Pest Solutions Weeds Out 1,750 Hours of Manual Processes with Paylocity
- Educational Technology Nonprofit Aces HR, Saving Over 1,200 Hours a Year with Paylocity
- Manufacturer Modernizes HR and Employee Engagement with Insights
- Bank Saves Hundreds of Hours to Invest in Strategic Priorities