Employee connection refers to the feelings of belonging, engagement, and identification that employees have with their workplace and colleagues. It’s important because it can have a significant impact on an organization's performance and success. When employees feel connected to their work and coworkers, they’re more likely to be motivated, productive, and committed to the organization. They’re also more likely to stay with the company longer, which can reduce the cost and disruption of employee turnover. Additionally, employees who feel connected to their work and colleagues are more likely to experience job satisfaction and overall well-being.
Foster a Culture of Engagement and Connection
Community, an integrated part of the Paylocity platform, streamlines employee communication and fosters a culture of engagement not possible with broadcast emails, antiquated intranets, or the bulletin board in the break room! Think of it as an online social collaboration hub that connects employees to each other, leadership, and their work. Reach all employees – even those that are remote, on-the-go, or don’t have corporate email or regular access to computers.
Go beyond standard self-service functionality with features like chat, file sharing, post scheduling, and peer recognition. With employees logging in regularly, you’re able to achieve the automation you’ve been striving for and deliver the experience your workforce wants.
How Community Helps You
Optimize "Broadcast" Communications
A company feed streamlines announcements into a single location that’s accessible to all employees. Use out-of-the-box templates, such as tax season reminders and instant pay, to save time in the day and further simplify communication.
Understand Your Reach
A convenient dashboard makes it easy to schedule, manage, send, and track engagement with announcements.
Support Employees at Scale
With Ask an Expert groups, employees can pose questions to designated group experts who can manage questions from an intuitive dashboard. Employees feel comfortable asking questions and learning from their peers – and you field fewer emails and office drop-ins.
Why Employees Love Community
Feel Seen and Heard with Peer Recognition
Give virtual kudos to coworkers with peer recognition badges that are also surfaced to managers in formal performance reviews.
Connect with Profiles and Discussion Groups
Learn about your colleagues with user profiles and connect on projects, interests, and initiatives across teams, levels, and locations with discussion groups.
Simplify Communication with Team Groups
Employees are added to automatically created team groups to easily communicate with supervisors and teammates. Plus, easily welcome new coworkers with automated icebreaker questions once they're added to the group.
Work Together via File Sharing and Chat
File sharing and co-editing simplifies collaboration on things like team meeting agendas and chat facilitates quick team communication — even for deskless team members or those without company email or equipment.
Paylocity in Action: CRP Industries
See how this manufacturer used Community to boost engagement, connect their hundreds of employees across multiple locations, and improve communication.
“Our employees embrace Community as the go-to source for communication. They forge tight-knit groups and leverage Community to reach all locations.”
“Community is our total communication package. It allows us to easily communicate with employees, but also allows them to communicate with each other. It's perfect for us!”
“Now with the ability to share and collaborate on files, chat with others, and create Team Groups, we can level up our connections. Giving our HR team the data they needed to help build our culture."
The Power of HR-First Tech Plus Employee-First Experience
Learn how complete HRIS solutions offer true automation and an employee experience that delivers on today’s workforce expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The benefits of an internal social platform include:
- Improved communication and collaboration: An internal social platform facilitates communication and collaboration among employees, regardless of location or time zone, which improves the efficiency and effectiveness of teams and helps to foster a sense of community within the organization.
- Enhanced knowledge sharing: Employees can share information and knowledge, including company updates, industry news, and best practices. This can help to keep everyone informed and up-to-date and can also facilitate learning and development opportunities.
- Increased transparency: An internal social platform provides a forum for open communication and the sharing of ideas and information, which can foster trust and engagement among employees.
- Greater connectivity: Employees who may not otherwise have the opportunity to interact, such as those in different departments or locations, can connect. This helps build relationships and foster a sense of community within the organization.
- Improved morale: An internal social platform can help to create a more positive and enjoyable work environment by providing a platform for socializing and building relationships with coworkers, which improves morale and creates a more positive company culture.
Whether they work mostly alone or as part of a team, in the office or remotely, employees expect the ability to easily engage with peers and managers in collaboration with real-time feedback and recognition. The challenge for organizations, however, is that no singular mode of communication is predominant. In fact, they’re using so many different methods to connect that it’s become overwhelming and less productive. An internal, centralized platform with the ability to connect coworkers to one another can drive efficiency and meet the need to form a community at work.