EEOC Extends EEO-1 2019 and 2020 Filing DeadlineJune 30, 2021
At a Glance
- The 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 due date has been extended to August 23, 2021
- Filers should visit the newly launched EEO-1 Component 1 website at https://EEOCdata.org/eeo1 for the latest filing updates and additional information.
All employers in the private sector with 100 or more employees and federal contractors or subcontractors with 50 or more employees or $50,000 or more in federal contracts must file the EEO-1 report each year. The EEOC began formally notifying EEO-1 filers via email beginning March 29, 2021 in anticipation of the opening of the data collection period. With this most recent EEOC announcement, now employers have until August 23, 2021 to file their 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 reports.
Covered employers are required to provide data about their workforce, including race, ethnicity, sex, and job category. This information should be collected from a “snapshot period,” or payroll period, in the 4th quarter of 2019 and 2020.
The EEOC prefers that these reports are filed online through their filing system. There are several reports available in HR & Payroll to aid you in this process, including the EEO Detail report, the EEO Headcount report, and the EEO-1 Report File in CSV format.
The EEOC will not be collecting EEO-1 component 2 pay data reports.
EEO filers can visit https://EEOCdata.org for more information regarding updates on the data collection. Resources to assist filers with their submissions will be available online at https://EEOCdata.org. The EEOC Filer Support Team will also be available to respond to filer inquiries and to provide additional filling assistance.
Thank you for choosing Paylocity as your Payroll Tax and HCM partner.
This information is provided as a courtesy, may change and is not intended as legal or tax guidance. Employers with questions or concerns outside the scope of a Payroll Service Provider are encouraged to seek the advice of a qualified CPA, Tax Attorney or Advisor.
- That's a Wrap: Compliance Roundup with Corinne Tirone
- Managers' Impact on Employee Experience with Tracy Klein and Noreen MacMahon
- Experience-Based Onboarding Can Fast-Track Employee Integration with Andre Mayes
- Understanding and Addressing Pay Compression with Lizzy Bores
- Understanding Neurodiversity in the Workplace with Jenny Jeep Johnson