EEOC Releases Updated Workplace Discrimination PosterOctober 21, 2022
The EEOC released the “Know Your Rights” poster which updates and replaces the previous “EEO is the Law” poster.
At a Glance
- The EEOC released the “Know Your Rights” Poster which updates and replaces the previous “EEO is the Law” poster
- Covered employers are required to prominently display the poster at their worksites
On October 19, 2022, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) released a new poster that covered employers are required to display in their workplaces entitled “Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination Is Illegal,” which updates and replaces its previous “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster. The poster summarizes the federal laws enforced by the EEOC prohibiting job discrimination and unlawful workplace harassment. The new poster uses plain language and bullet points that will make it easier for employers and employees to understand their rights and obligations.
Know Your Rights Poster
The new “Know Your Rights” poster includes these changes:
- Notes that harassment is a prohibited form of discrimination;
- Clarifies that sex discrimination includes discrimination based on pregnancy and related conditions, sexual orientation, or gender identity;
- Adds a QR code for fast digital access to the how to file a charge webpage;
- Provides information about equal pay discrimination for federal contractors.
The poster is available on the EEOC’s website in English and Spanish and will be available in additional languages at a later date.
The posters should be placed in a conspicuous location in the workplace where notices to applicants and employees are customarily posted. In addition to physically posting, covered employers are encouraged to post an electronic notice on their websites in a conspicuous location, as this may be the only opportunity for remote employee to view the poster. Covered employers are subject to fines for noncompliance.
Thank you for choosing Paylocity as your Payroll Tax and HCM partner. This information is provided as a courtesy, may change and is not intended as legal or tax guidance. Employers with questions or concerns outside the scope of a Payroll Service Provider are encouraged to seek the advice of a qualified CPA, Tax Attorney or Advisor.
Keep Up With Compliance
Between constantly changing employment laws and updates to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), keeping your workplace compliant can be a time-consuming and costly challenge. Eliminate the stress and stay up to date with our Compliance Dashboard. View compliance alerts and get a bird’s eye view of what you need to do to avoid fines and penalties.
Manage HR Compliance
- Retailer Streamlines HR Processes and Creates Connections with Paylocity
- Architecture and Engineering Firm Designs a Modernized Employee Experience
- Fitness Group Strengthens Its Employee Experience
- Hotel Group Clears the Way for an Enhanced Employee Experience
- Nonprofit Digs Out of Paperwork to a Bright Future