Kansas Department of Revenue Withholding Table UpdateJuly 26, 2021
July 13, 2021, KS DOR announced that amendments to the withholding tables proposed by L. 2021, S50 were signed into law.
Withholding Table Update
July 13, 2021, the Kansas Department of Revenue announced [Kansas Revenue Department Public Notice No. 21-22, 07/08/2021] that the amendments to the withholding tables proposed by L. 2021, S50 had been signed into law and will take effect for tax years beginning with 2021. The law increases the standard deduction for single filers as $3,500, married filers as $8,000, and head of household filers as $6,000. Accordingly, the withholding tax tables have been updated.
Paylocity is closely monitoring this agency and will provide updates as they become available. Thank you for choosing Paylocity as your Payroll Tax and HCM partner.
This information is provided as a courtesy, may change and is not intended as legal or tax guidance. Employers with questions or concerns outside the scope of a Payroll Service Provider are encouraged to seek the advice of a qualified CPA, Tax Attorney or Advisor.
Webinars and Podcasts
- Checklist: What to Know Before Buying HR and Payroll Solutions
- Navigating the Buying Process for HR and Payroll Solutions
- Employee Engagement: The Non-Negotiable Priority for Success
- The New Future of the Workplace: 3 Must-Learn Lessons from the Pandemic
- Post-Pandemic Survival Checklist: The New World of Employee Experience