HR Advocacy for Anti-Racism with Shereen DanielsJune 01, 2022
Listen and learn how to build actionable change toward advancing racial equity in your workplace.
According to a study by the Society for Human Resource Management, racial bias in the workplace costs U.S. companies $54.1 billion a year in increased absenteeism, $58.7 billion in lost productivity, and $171.9 billion in turnover. Now is the moment for HR leaders to modify workplace policies to create a more equal and anti-racist workplace. Author and activist Shereen Daniels talks with host Shari Simpson about how organizations can create safe spaces for brave conversations.
Shereen is the Author of The Anti-Racist Organization - Dismantling Systemic Racism in the Workplace (Wiley, 2022), founder + Managing Director of HR, anti-racism and racial equity advisory firm, HR rewired and Chair of the African Diaspora Economic Inclusion Foundation which supports Black female entrepreneurs.
A leading HR influencer, Shereen has become the go-to voice for household brands and international corporations who want to dismantle systemic racism across their workplace cultures and wider ecosystems. As a sought-after speaker and advisor, Shereen’s story has been featured in Forbes, she’s been recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Voices in 2020 and 2022 and is the winner of HR Most Influential Thinker 2021.
Shereen also hosts Advancing Racial Equity 4.0 (the podcast), is the Founder of Advancing Racial Equity: Moving Beyond the Conversations (the conference) and via HR rewired TV, is a vlogger to the tune of over 300 videos and 30 live broadcasts dedicated to sharing insights about what it takes to build anti-racist and equitable cultures where everyone can thrive.
Mentioned in the episode:
Connecting with Shereen Daniels
The Anti-Racist Organization
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling