Managing Yourself as an HR Professional with Valerie GrubbSeptember 29, 2022
Beyond self-care, tune in for tips on how HR can take care of themselves while caring for others.
HR professionals are often tasked with managing other people. But what about managing yourself? As an HR professional, it's important to develop strong time management skills and set healthy boundaries. It can also be helpful to give yourself regular affirmations and find a mentor or role model who can offer advice and guidance. Listen in as Valerie Grubb and host Shari Simpson talk about how HR professionals can do a better job of taking care of themselves.
Valerie Grubb is an innovative, visionary operations leader with an exceptional ability to zero in on the systems, processes, and human capital issues that can hamper a company’s success — and a strong history of solving those problems with maximum buy-in and minimal disruption.
With extensive corporate experience, including founding the Oxygen channel and InterActiveCorp (parent company to Expedia, Home Shopping Network, and TicketMaster), and senior leadership roles in NBC Universal and Rolls-Royce, she can translate complex skills such as leadership, inspiring accountability, and motivating others into actionable steps that resonate with new managers to senior executives.
Valerie is certified as a Marshall Goldsmith Executive Coach, and she is an Everything Disc® and Patrick Lencioni 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team authorized partner and facilitator.
Valerie obtained her mechanical engineering degree from Kettering University and her MBA from the Indiana University Kelley School of Business. Val’s book, Clash of the Generations: Managing the New Workplace Reality (Wiley), helps leaders manage multiple generations in the office.
She is particularly adept at helping people acquire the needed skills in areas such as developing existing employees, recruiting new talent, and forming cohesive teams — all critical for long-term organizational growth.
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling