The Psychology of Hiring with Dr. Fred RafilsonOctober 20, 2022
We're hiring! But first, you must pass our rigorous pre-employment assessment. Are they worth it?
If you've ever been on a job interview, you know that they can be pretty hit or miss. You might have a great conversation with the interviewer and feel confident that you're the perfect candidate for the job. Or, you might have an awkward experience and leave feeling like you didn't make the best impression. So how do employers accurately predict which candidates will be successful in a particular role? Listen in as I/O psychologist Dr. Fred Rafilson and host Shari Simpson discuss everything from the science of military entrance exams to what can be a good predictor of future performance.
Dr. Fred Rafilson is a skilled industrial/organizational psychologist with over three decades of experience. A recognized expert in all aspects of the assessment industry, Dr. Rafilson has authored and published more than 30 employment exams that assess cognitive abilities, skills, personality traits, motivation & attitude, etc. He has developed and implemented assessment processes for companies and federal, state, and county/municipal agencies. He has also conducted scientific research and program evaluations, providing presentations and training to executive-level private and public-sector groups. As an expert in employment litigation cases, he often works closely with agencies under DOJ consent decrees. Dr. Rafilson is the Chief I/O Psychologist for Talview.
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling