Principal I Engineer Software(Payroll Compliance)
Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Principal I Engineer Software
We are recruiting for a Principal I Engineer Software to join our Payroll Compliance team. With a focus on architecture, you will be responsible for defining and driving technical direction of our products with a strong focus on leveraging cloud technologies. This includes working with our core technical teams to establish and evangelize standards and practices, working with engineering managers, directors, and other leaders to socialize and solidify technical strategy, coaching and mentoring more junior, but very talented, Software Engineers and contributing working code to our solutions. Your passion for scalable, performant, and maintainable systems will shine through in your areas of direct influence, as well as throughout all of Paylocity’s products as you guide and influence those around the organization.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer/data science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, devops, virtualization & network.
· Enthusiastic about design, development, and architecture for the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
· A leader in continuous improvement of our development process
· Interested in staying current with technology and willing to evangelize in order to realize your technical vision
· Someone who enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
· Able to take the lead on multiple initiatives across a product category and collaborate on tasks to ship with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from team members
· Able to drive to outcomes independently and share learnings along the way
· Excited to work on cutting-edge technology and has a relentless sense of curiosity
· Desires to be a “Player/Coach” in all aspects of the process
During the first six months, you will:
· Demonstrate a high level of depth in a particular domain
· Take on a leading role in discovery, design and implementation for major systems that involve cross-team dependencies
· Routinely and consistently push the team forward through design, complex problems, and ultimately delivering value to our clients
· Evangelize and gain team alignment with organization-wide technical strategies and best practices
· Work in systems that have significant consequences of failure, a high degree of ambiguity, or to a standard of quality well exceeding that of the current system
· Partner with a collection of Software Engineers and Development Leads to ensure everyone moving forward in the same direction.
· Make technology choices for components needed as part of an existing larger architecture or framework.
· Solicit and provide feedback via decision-making frameworks from across the organization asking probing, insightful questions and raising awareness of any unintended impact or dependencies within their area of expertise.
· Own the overall health and engineering quality of a domain
· Be a technical subject matter expert for a domain
· Initiate and lead cross-team collaboration
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
· At least 5 years’ experience in designing and developing large-scale enterprise level applications, including hands-on experience with web applications
· Served in a lead or architect capacity within a large-scale product organization.
· Demonstrated understanding of layered Architecture
· Proven experience of API development practices and how that relates to a service-oriented architecture and/or microservices.
· Strong knowledge of AWS product offerings and how to leverage the cloud for scalability and performance.
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design proficiency.Net Frameworks
· Proficiency in C#, ASP .NET, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, MongoDB
· Understanding of common design patterns
· Knowledge of Web Development industry standards and best practices
· Knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
· Experience with automated unit testing patterns and tools (preferred)
· Experience with preprocessors such as SCSS and LESS (preferred)
EEO and accessibility Statement
Paylocity is an equal-opportunity employer. Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We recruit, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At Paylocity, we believe diversity makes us better.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, culture, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion or spiritual belief, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We actively cultivate these differences through our employee resource groups (ERGs), employee experiences, perspectives, talents, and approaches to drive innovation in the software and services we provide our customers.
We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position is $118,945 - $218,382/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the relevant state and local pay transparency laws for the location in which this position will be performed. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers .
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.