Growth Market Account Executive
Many companies offer payroll and human capital management (HCM) solutions, but Paylocity takes technology to the next level. We’ve evolved beyond HCM to a next-generation employee experience platform. With uniquely designed solutions to help companies engage employees, we’ve changed how and where work gets done and created a personalized work environment. Join Paylocity as we continue to transform the future of technology!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.As part of the Sales & Marketing team, you’ll help us solve challenges and succeed as you grow and understand the unique needs of our clients and tailor easy-to-use solutions to deliver the performance they need. With a position in Sales & Marketing, you’ll strengthen our relationships with clients, anticipate their needs, and think outside the box to unlock new possibilities.
Position Overview:The Small Business Account Executive is responsible for prospecting, developing, and closing new sales agreements for companies with up to 50 employees. The Small Business Account Executives at Paylocity works independently in a fast-paced business environment that is highly competitive and quota-driven. The best Small Business Account Executives are hunters and field warriors, capable of creating their own activity in the field to drive revenue.. A strong predictor of success for an Account Executive, is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptional prospecting skills, and has the ability to execute a consistent sales process.
Location: Remote office in Austin territory
Reports To: Director of Sales
- Determine prospective customers’ needs for HR technology to prospective companies with <50 employees.
- Present Paylocity‘s tech stack to meet those needs in a specific geographic market.
- Prepare and present proposals and provide timely follow-up throughout the sales process.
- Complete and obtain documentation required for the conversion of data from the company’s previous payroll provider to the Paylocity system.
- Work cross functionally to ensure the client has a smooth transition to Paylocity
- Using initiative, develop prospects through telemarketing, referrals, professional and personal contacts and other sources.
- Build relationships with CPA’s and maintain existing CPA relationships
- Attend Paylocity-sponsored trade shows, conferences and other events to promote Paylocity services
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales quota for your territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Indicators for Success in the Role:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a sales position
- Ability and willingness to travel within assigned territory and meet prospects in person
- Ability to succeed in a competitive environment
- Ability to maintain high activity standards
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills required in order to handle objections and unexpected situations that may arise throughout the sales cycle
- Customer service orientation
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and the Internet
Paylocity is an equal-opportunity employer. Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We recruit, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At Paylocity, we believe diversity makes us better. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, culture, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion or spiritual belief, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We actively cultivate these differences through our employee resource groups (ERGs), employee experiences, perspectives, talents, and approaches to drive innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The pay range for this position is $55,000-$65,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for our variable commission plan and an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the relevant state and local pay transparency laws for the location in which this position will be performed. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.