Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
As a Data Scientist, you will help Paylocity discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, to help our customers make smarter human capital decisions that drive organizational success. Your primary focus will be to apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
Reports To: Data Science Manager
- Select features, build and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques such as random forests, xgboost, TensorFlow, linear regression, time series methods
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Sales Leaders, Enterprise Architects and other executives to translate complex human capital management challenges into data science projects
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Leverage cutting edge big data technologies on AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and tracking of its performance
- Work closely with full stack .net engineers in an agile product development environment
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-6 years of data science success at other software companies
- Professional or academic experience in HR, social science or psychology
- Experience with cloud infrastructure on AWS or Azure
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data science to drive business results. Some ways previous successful candidates have demonstrated this are: Recognized success for data science skills via academic awards, scholarships or corporate recognition programs (Employee of the Year, etc.)
- Experience in writing production grade machine learning models in Python. Some ways previous successful candidates have demonstrated this are: A portfolio of publicly available data science projects that resulted in a fully functioning piece of software; Strong academic publication or speaking record in organizations such as ICML, NeurIPS, JML, KDD, and INFORMS; History of strong performance in Kaggle competitions
- Skilled at translating business problems into data science problems and communicating the results to non-technical audiences. Some ways previous successful candidates have demonstrated this are: A resume or cover letter outlining previous experience leveraging data science across many domains; A professional or academic track record of teaching mathematical or data science concepts to non-traditional audiences;
- Experience or interest for leveraging technology and data to empower employees. Some ways previous successful candidates have demonstrated this are:
- Advanced degree (Masters or Phd) preferred in computer science, industrial engineering, statistics, industrial organizational psychology, neurology, public policy, linguistics or other quantitative field preferred
- Enthusiastic about advanced analytics and how predictive insights lead to a superior customer experience
- Be invested in staying current in data science by applying new technologies and practices
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a desire to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology!
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.