Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Government Relations Payroll Tax System Analyst performs tasks under the guidance of the various members of the team. The Government Relations Payroll Tax System Analyst is part of a smaller team within Government Relations that is primarily responsible for setting up and maintaining our tax software to ensure it is working properly with our payroll software and ensure it is kept compliant.
Reports To: Manager, Government Relations
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as a partner and liaison between software application users and the Government Relations Team
- Support internal team with system support, troubleshooting, and escalations.
- Research, report, and document user-reported issues and/or enhancement requests.
- Execute Front-End Application Testing & Research within Payroll and Tax Tools
- Setup and maintain tax form mapping to payroll system fields.
- Troubleshoot reported application performance issues and document ongoing progress.
- Discuss tax system bugs and enhancements with Product Development Teams around client impact and possible workarounds.
- Collaborate with internal teams to strengthen processes and deliverables.
- Assist team members in finding solutions to intricate problems.
- Stay abreast of upcoming legislative changes that impact Payroll Processing and Payroll Tax Preparation.
- Partner with colleagues in Tax, and other related areas (Development, Operations, Service, Implementation,) to ensure sound tax services.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of technical experience in Payroll/Human Capital Management, preferably at a SaaS provider
- Working knowledge of Salesforce/Force.com platform and applications
- Previous experience with Atlassian JIRA tracking tool (or similar Agile tool)
- Paylocity system knowledge highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, technology skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
As of April 8, 2021: This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.