Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Paylocity’s Technical Services team is responsible but not limited to these main functions, Business Analyst, Support Analyst, Programming, and Maintenance. The General Ledger Business Analyst role is designed to consult with our new customers’ accounting staff or designated contact(s) to understand their needs on their reporting, confirm the requisite data needed and develop instructions for our G/L programming team to create General Ledger upload files/reports between our WebPay payroll system and the clients’ accounting systems.
Reports To: Manager Implementation Technical Services
- Initial client contact to set expectations of dates and information gathering needs.
- Assist customers in filling out information discovery documentation necessary to code G/L projects.
- Follow up with customers to gather additional information as needed.
- Consulting with high level accounting staff at our customer sites to ensure a successful G/L set-up.
- Learn about the customer’s G/L needs, ensure that the rules that are developed are complete and comprehensive, write programmer instructions for the G/L programming, and advise on Payroll or G/L structure changes needed to satisfy the accounting goals with internal partners.
- Gather information necessary to create an interface file (if required).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Accounting skills: Experience in Accounting, specifically experience with journal entries and A/P is required. Analyst must be comfortable talking to Accountants about accounting structures and rules specific to each company.
- Consulting skills: Some experience in interpreting the needs of a customer, possibly helping develop new solutions, and describing them to programmers is expected.
- Payroll skills: Experience with payroll and payroll accounting is required for this position.
- Customer Service or Account Management Skills: Experience in a front line customer role.
- Business Analyst skills: Translating and consulting client needs to an internal system and partners for desired solution.
- Competency/experience in multiple accounting systems preferred.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Customer Service Skills
- Exceptional Communication skills: Understand and communicate effectively with others using a variety of contexts and formats, which include writing, speaking, reading listening and interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshooting ability
- Adapts well to change in a fast-paced technology environment
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Process improvement experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office product suite
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
· Education & Awareness
· Client Community
· Company Representation
· Advocacy & Support
· Fairness & Equality
· PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.