Last Updated: January 1, 2024
This Notice of Privacy Practices for residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia and Utah ("Notice") describes how Paylocity Holding Corporation and its affiliated companies Paylocity Corporation, Benefit Administration Technologies, Inc., Blue Marble Payroll, LLC, VidGrid Inc., Cloudsnap, Inc., Samepage Labs Inc., and Trace HQ.com, Inc., (collectively “Paylocity,” “we” or “us”) handle information we collect about you when you visit our websites, or otherwise interact directly with us for purposes related to an existing or potential business relationship (together, our “Services”).
Please note that this Notice does not apply to individuals residing in Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia and Utah who are acting in an employment or commercial context, including Client Employees.
1. Information We Collect
When you visit our websites and interact with us in non employment or non-commercial context, we may collect and process the following information about you.
Name, email address, telephone number, and contact address, username, password.
Name, email address, address, and telephone number.
Internet or other Similar Network Activity
IP address, device ID, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
2. How We Use Your Information
The information that you provide to us or we collect about you may be used for personnel recruitment, management, and planning purposes including the following:
- Monitor the performance of our Services, including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and usage patterns;
- Interact with you, including verifying your identity, responding to requests, notifying you of products, Services and promotions that may be of interest to you, inform you about changes to this Notice, and communicate with you about the terms of our business relationship;
- Develop and improve our services;
- Anoymize and de-identfy personal information, including for research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and improvement of our Services;
- Risk management, including audits and investigations;
- Security management, including monitoring access to our websites, applications, systems, or facilities, investigating threats, and data breach notification to clients, if needed; and
- Comply with legal requirements and industry standards, detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and protect the rights of Paylocity, you, or others.
We do not sell your personal information or share it for targeted advertising.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share your information with vendors and service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us, including providing products or Services to you or our clients on our behalf, creating or maintaining our databases, researching and analyzing the people who request information from us, preparing and distributing communications, or responding to inquiries.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with companies that we own or control, that are owned or controlled by us, or that are under common ownership or control.
- Business Transition. If Paylocity, or any portion of our assets, are acquired by, merged with, transferred to, or invested in by another company, we may share your personal information with that company or other third parties involved in the business transition. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
- Legal. We share information where necessary to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government authorities or third parties, as permitted by law, and without your consent when it is necessary to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; or to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
5. Retention & Disposal
We retain information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, for legitimate business reasons, or as required by law. We may need to keep your data for longer than our specified retention periods to honor your requests, including to continue keeping you opted out of marketing emails, or to comply with legal or other obligations. When we dispose of information, we use secure means, such as either physically or electronically erasing information or making it anonymous in a non-recoverable manner.
We implement the appropriate organizational, technical, and physical security measures and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the personal information entrusted to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting your account manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn about our security controls, visit our Security page found here.
7. Consumer Rights
If you receive our Services solely as a private individual – in other words, not as a member or representative of a company or other organization, you may be entitled to the privacy rights listed below.
- Right of Access: You may request to know whether we process your personal information and request to access such Personal Information, including, where applicable, a request to obtain a copy of the Personal Information you provided to us in a portable format;
- Right to Correction: You may request to correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing;
- Right to Deletion: You may request to have your personal information deleted;
- Right to Opt-out: You have the right to opt-out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of:
- targeted advertising
- the sale of personal information; or
- profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the consumer rights outlined above, including denying our Services, charging different prices or rates for our Services, or providing a different level of quality of Services.
To exercise your rights, please complete the form found here, or contact us at email@example.com or 833-436-6011. Prior to processing your request, we will attempt to verify your identity, taking into account the sensitivity of the personal information involved and the nature of the request. We may do this by requesting additional information from you. We will inform you if we are unable to verify your identity, in which case we will not be able to complete your request.
If we refuse to take action on your request, you may appeal our refusal within a reasonable period after you have received notice of the refusal by contacting us via email at privacy@Paylocity.com. You may contact your State’s Attorney General if you have concerns about the results of the appeal.
8. Email Marketing
If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Changes to Our Notices
We reserve the right to modify, alter, or update the terms and conditions of this Notice from time to time without prior notice. We will post those changes on this page in addition to updating the “Last Updated” at the top of this webpage. Modifications shall become effective immediately upon being posted.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Notice or our information handling practices, please contact us at: email@example.com.