Using Technology to Drive Benefits Utilization with Ellen McCannNovember 08, 2022
Technology can help you boost benefits uptake and get more out of your investment in your people.
There's no doubt that technology has changed the way we live and work. And as technology has evolved, so too have the ways we use it to improve our lives and work. One area where technology has had a significant impact is in the benefits space. Listen in as Ellen McCann and host Shari Simpson discuss how to best leverage your technology to increase benefit utilization.
Ellen is an acclaimed national speaker on leave management issues, including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). She is also a certified trainer for the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) and continuing education (CE) credit. As Assistant Vice President at Unum Solutions, she combines more than 30 years of employment law experience with practical knowledge of the complexities of leave and accommodation management to help develop and create solutions that enable employers to address the challenges of leave and accommodations.
Currently, Ellen is helping to create, define and support Total Leave, Unum’s modern, digital leave management solution, and Unum’s Vaccine Verifier, a digital solution that helps track vaccination status, manage exemption requests, and oversee testing. Ellen joined Unum’s Solutions organization in August of 2021 after briefly working for the employment law firm of Littler Mendelson. Prior to working for Littler, Ellen was Assistant Vice President, Legal Counsel of Unum’s Employment Law Group, where she provided legal support to Unum’s Absence Management Center and advised Human Resources on all employment-related legal issues for more than 23 years. She worked for a law firm in Boston for seven years prior to joining Unum. Ellen graduated from the College of the Holy Cross and the University of Notre Dame Law School.
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling