2023 California Labor Law Updates with Kim GusmanNovember 24, 2022
Let’s take a look at the biggest legislative changes hitting CA in 2023.
In case you were hiding under a rock last year, California passed some major workplace legislation that will impact how managers and HR professionals operate in the Golden State. Join Kim Gusman and host Shari Simpson as they recap what you need to know as we head into 2023.
Kim is an experienced HR generalist, a dynamic speaker, and a proven leader who has been successfully leading California Employers Association (CEA) since 2002. Thoroughly immersed in human resources and operations for over 25 years, Kim has various HR experiences in retail, insurance, and manufacturing environments. Kim exhibits her comprehensive bank of knowledge and crystal-clear strategic guidance with CEA members and staff daily.
Kim earned her BA degree in Business Administration, with a minor in Human Resources, at the University of Puget Sound. In addition to her role as CEO at CEA, Kim is a founding member of the Employers Association of America. She is an active member of the California Society of Association Executives (CalSAE), where she serves on their Board of Directors and their Capital Region Council. Active with workforce development boards, she served on the Sacramento Works Board from 2004-2018.
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling