How to Build Psychological Safety at Work with Jeff HarryJune 30, 2022
Tune in to get actionable tips for crafting psychological safety that fosters a culture where employees feel comfortable speaking out.
Psychological safety at work is critical to a team's ability to give and receive candid, respectful feedback. If your organization is looking to build a stronger feedback culture, it needs to start with a safe environment where employees feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and ideas. When team members feel safe, they're more likely to take the initiative and provide valuable feedback to the business. Listen in as Jeff Harry and host Shari Simpson. Talk about how companies can build psychological and emotional safety starting today.
Jeff Harry, Workplace Play Consultant / International Play Speaker / Positive Psychology Play Whisperer. Jeff shows individuals and companies how to tap into their true selves, to feel their happiest and most fulfilled — all by playing. Jeff has worked with Google, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, Adobe, the NFL, Amazon and Facebook, helping their staff to infuse more play into the day-to-day. Jeff is an international speaker who has presented at conferences such as INBOUND, SXSW, and Australia’s Pausefest, showing audiences how major issues in the workplace can be solved using play. Jeff was selected by Engagedly as one of the Top 100 HR Influencers of 2020 for his organizational development work around addressing toxicity in the workplace.
His playwork has been featured in the New York Times, AJ+, SoulPancake, the SF Chronicle, and CNN. While we spend most of our time pretending to be important, serious grownups, it's when we let go of that facade and just play, that the real magic happens. Fully embracing your own nerdy genius — whatever that is — gives you the power to make a difference and change lives. Jeff believes that we already have many of the answers we seek, and by simply unleashing our inner child, we can find our purpose and, in turn, help to create a better world.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Website: Rediscover Your Play
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling