Supporting Employees During Layoffs with Kate GrimaldiJanuary 30, 2023
Layoffs are difficult, both for the company and employees, what can you do to easy the stress?
Layoffs are never easy, and it’s especially difficult when it comes to supporting employees who may be affected. Unfortunately, in today’s business climate, layoffs often become necessary for various reasons. While the decision is always hard on those involved, there are some strategies and approaches you can take as a manager or part of human resources that will help both those being laid off feel supported during this time, as well as alleviate stress from others in your department or organization.
Join host Shari Simpson and guest Kate Grimaldi as they explore some tips for helping employees through layoffs with compassion and care so that everyone can emerge from the experience feeling heard and supported.
Kate is a seasoned HR professional with over a decade of experience in various industries. Starting in 2017 at Paylocity, Kate made an impact quickly, rising through the ranks and propelling company HR initiatives forward. Today, she lends her skills to multiple projects, including speaking at local and national conferences, working closely with the C-Suite on HR and business alignment, updating the company of more than 5,000 employees with important announcements weekly, and cultivating an inclusive culture that supports the modern workforce.
- Crafting Top-Tier Internship Programs: Best Practices for HR Professionals
- Mastering the Art of Performance Reviews: A Guide for Leaders
- The Future of HCM Now with Elatia Abate, Futurist in Residence
- Future-Proofing Employee Benefits: Trends, Metrics & Inclusion Strategies for HR Professionals
- Navigating the I-9 Landscape: Mastering Compliance in a Post-COVID Era
- Information Management Leader Transforms HR into a Strategic Function
- Luxury Hotel Group Delivers Unforgettable Travel Experiences with Smarter HR
- Logistics Company Delivers a Single Platform for Connected HR
- Engineering Firm Builds Trust with Fair Market Pay and Automated HR
- Public Library Puts Community Service First with Smarter Scheduling